ON LINE Admission Procedure for International Students
General Admission Requirements for Degree Students
Foreign nationals can be admitted into the English taught programmes of the Lithuanian Sports University if they provide the legalized secondary school, high school or college certificate or diploma. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.
The recommended English language skills for degree students at the start of their study period are B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or corresponding IELTS (6.0), or TOEFL (5.5).
Legalization of Educational Documents
Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. (In most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.
Documents to be attached when applying on line
1. Copy of the passport (for non EU citizens) or ID card (only for EU and EEA citizens);
2. One recent passport size photo (3x4cm.);
3. Copies of the documents of previous education and its supplements (Transcripts of Records/Mark Sheets) in original language and translated into English (a secondary school certificate, university diploma, etc.) certified by Notary and approved by an Apostille (for citizens of countries acceding to 1961 Hague Convention);
4. Recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (Lietuvos studijų kokybės vertinimo centras - SKVC)*;
5. CV (Resume);
6. Complete Health Certificate - only for Bachelor Sports Coaching and European Bachelor in Physical Activity and Lifestyle programs;
7. The copy of the certificate that shows the proficiency level B2 in the English language, or corresponding IELTS 6.0, or TOEFL 5.50 certificates. It is not applicable for the applicants whose education is acquired in English;
8. Copy of the proof of payment of the application fee
Admission Board takes the final decision no later than July 31 on admission and informs the applicant by the Complete Acceptance letter AND sends the intermediation letter to the relevant Embassy (Consulate).
VISA ISSUANCE PROCEDURE
1. An applicant applies for Lithuanian D visa and residence permit at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy or Consulate. In case a student does not receive a visa, tuition fee is refunded, excluding bank transfer payment;
2. Students from non EU countries applying for visa have to prove the fact of having a valid health insurance. More on health insurance is at http://www.lsu.lt/en/studies/practical-information/health-care-insurance .
3. In order to apply for the residence permit, a student must obtain a document from his country about his/hers criminal record (or lack of it).
ARRIVAL FOR STUDENTS
1. Welcome to Lithuanian Sports University before the 1st of September for Bachelor studies and before the 11th of September for Master studies.
2. Sign the study agreement within the first 3 calendar days.
For holders of foreign qualifications seeking for state funded study places:
* SKVC is a national public agency that evaluates and recognizes foreign school-leaving certificates (for applicants to undergraduate studies) and higher education qualifications (for applicants to graduate studies). More details on SKVC application
Application registration deadlines:
31 of May for Bachelor and Master
programs for EU, non EU, and EEA citizens.
All applicants have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 120 EUR.
The accepted student has to pay a tuition fee for the first study semester before arrival to Lithuanian Republic
In case an applicant has no technical possibility to use on line application he has right to provide all required application documents by post before May 31. The application and required enclosures should be sent to the following address:
Centre for Academic Quality Supervision
Lithuanian Sports University
Sporto Str. 6., Room 101
Telephone: +370 37 302 639
Mobile: +370 626 61965
Skype name: povilas.kuprys2