General Admission Requirements
ONLINE ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Foreign citizens can be admitted to the Lithuanian Sports University programs taught in English if they present a legalized secondary, high school, college or university graduation certificate/diploma. Educational documents must be officially translated into English/Lithuanian.
The educational documents of the applicant must have an apostille or be legalized (approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular office of the country where the education was obtained).
English language proficiency for degree students at the beginning of their studies should be B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or equivalent IELTS (5.0), or TOEFL (72).
- If you have qualification in English language – only provide educational documents.
- If you are from English speaking country – proof of English is not required.
- If the medium of instruction at your School/University was English – certificate of medium of instruction is required.
STEPS OF ADMISSION TO LSU:
- Fill in and submit online application form.
- Wait for recognition of foreign qualifications, which is done by LSU:
a. Basic information and duration of recognition procedure
b. Country-specific requirements for educational documents
c. Automatic recognition
d. Right to appeal
- Participate in the interview*.
- Receive the letter of acceptance.
- Apply for and receive National D visa (if needed) for arriving to Lithuania.
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
*Admission Board can invite applicant for the interview, before taking final decision on admission.
- By submitting the documents applicant agrees for one’s information to be shared with other institutions that the University might refer while processing the academic verification.
1. Copy of the passport (for non EU citizens) or ID card (only for EU and EEA citizens).
2. One recent passport size photo (3×4 cm).
3. Copies of the educational documents (Secondary School Certificate, University Diploma, etc.) and its supplements (Academic Transcript/Mark Sheets) in original language and officially translated into English*, certified by Notary and approved by an Apostille (for citizens of countries acceding to 1961 Hague Convention) or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education (for citizens of countries non-members of 1961 Hague Convention).
- The academic transcript, records of grades, or a similar document should list all the subjects, grades, and credits and/or hours.
4. CV (Resume).
5. Complete Health Certificate (the certificate must state whether you can take part in sporting activities. This document has to be issued or translated into English).
6. Copy of the certificate of proficiency in English B2 or IELTS 5.0, or TOEFL 72 (it is not applicable for the applicants whose education is acquired in English or native language is English).
7. Copy of the document proving the payment of the application fee (non-refundable).
*A translation is considered to be official when it is bound to a certified true copy of the document in the original language and is attested by the translator’s signature. Documents issued in English, Russian, or Lithuanian do not require a translation.
All documents must be of the highest scanning quality. All scans must be made from original documents, be in full size, colour, clear and legible. Any scans that do not meet such requirements will be disregarded.
The following additional documents presented by master degree applicants will be taken into account:
- Students research society information paper about the applicant’s activity in it.
- Copy of the published article (articles).
- Information on the applicant’s participation at the conference as well as the research article presented.
- The Annex to the Protocol informing about the applicant’s participation at sports competitions organised by the Sports Federations.
- Document witnessing the change of the family name, if the presented documents have another name or family name.
- The right for the benefits if such are at all.
- Documents proving work experience/period of employment.
1. An applicant applies for Lithuanian D visa and residence permit at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy or Consulate. In case a student does not receive a visa, tuition fee is refunded, excluding bank transfer payment;
2. Students from non EU countries applying for visa have to prove the fact of having a valid health insurance. More on health insurance is at https://www.lsu.lt/en/studies/practical-information/health-care-insurance .
3. In order to apply for the residence permit, a student must obtain a document from his country about his/hers criminal record which must be translated into English language, also legalized and (or) approved with an Apostille, when necessary.
ARRIVAL FOR STUDENTS
1. Welcome to Lithuanian Sports University before the 15th of September for Bachelor studies and before 1st of October for Master studies.
2. Upon arrival sign the study agreement within the first 3 calendar days.
For holders of foreign qualifications seeking for state funded study places:
Lithuanian State Scholarship:
|03/Nov/2022 – 30/June/2023||Deadlines for application registration|
|03/Nov/2022 – 07/July/2023||Period for submitting required documentation for academic recognition of foreign qualifications|
|January/2023 – 15/Aug/2023||Interview with applicants|
|03/Dec/2022 – 15/Aug/2023||Admission Board informs about final decision|
Application registration deadlines for Doctoral degree studies for EU, non EU, and EEA citizens:
All applicants from non EU and EEA countries have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 180 EUR.
All applicants from EU countries have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 45 EUR.
All applicants from EU countries who apply for Master degree studies have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 15 EUR.
The accepted student has to pay a tuition fee for the first study year before applying for National (D) visa*.
*In case of rejected visa request tuition fee can be reimburse (request for reimbursement with proof of visa rejection must be submitted by email until 1st November).