General Admission Requirements
Admission for 2022 intake will start after 2nd November, 2021.
ON LINE ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Foreign nationals can be admitted into the English taught programmes of the Lithuanian Sports University if they provide the legalized secondary school, high school or college certificate or diploma. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.
The recommended English language skills for degree students at the start of their study period are B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or corresponding IELTS (5.0), or TOEFL (72)*.
Legalization of Educational Documents
Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents (in most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.
STEPS OF ADMISSION TO LSU:
- Fill in and submit online application form;
- Apply for and submit the recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by SKVC;
- Participate in SKYPE interview*;
- Receive letter of acceptance;
- Apply for and receive National D visa if needed;
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
*Admission Board can invite applicant for the interview on Skype, before taking final decision on admission.
- By submitting the documents applicant agrees for one’s information to be shared with other institutions that the University might refer while processing the academic verification.
1. Copy of the passport (for non EU citizens) or ID card (only for EU and EEA citizens);
2. One recent passport size photo (3x4cm.);
3. Copies of the documents of previous education and its supplements (Transcripts of Records/Mark Sheets) in original language and translated into English (a secondary school certificate, university diploma, etc.) certified by Notary and approved by an Apostille (for citizens of countries acceding to 1961 Hague Convention);
4. Recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (Lietuvos studijų kokybės vertinimo centras – SKVC)**;
5. CV (Resume);
6. Complete Health Certificate translated in English;
7. The copy of the certificate that shows the proficiency level B2 in the English language, or corresponding IELTS 5.0, or TOEFL 72 certificates;*
8. Application Form for Accommodation
9. Copy of the proof of payment of the application fee (non-refundable).
*It is not applicable for the applicants whose education is acquired in English or native language is English.
** After you have successfully submitted the application with all attached documents you will receive LSU confirmation with a following step for SKVC.
The following additional documents presented by master degree applicants will be taken into account:
- Students research society information paper about the applicant’s activity in it.
- Copy of the published article (articles).
- Information on the applicant’s participation at the conference as well as the research article presented.
- The Annex to the Protocol informing about the applicant’s participation at sports competitions organised by the Sports Federations.
- Document witnessing the change of the family name, if the presented documents have another name or family name.
- The right for the benefits if such are at all.
- Documents proving work experience/period of employment.
1. An applicant applies for Lithuanian D visa and residence permit at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy or Consulate. In case a student does not receive a visa, tuition fee is refunded, excluding bank transfer payment;
2. Students from non EU countries applying for visa have to prove the fact of having a valid health insurance. More on health insurance is at https://www.lsu.lt/en/studies/practical-information/health-care-insurance .
3. In order to apply for the residence permit, a student must obtain a document from his country about his/hers criminal record which must be translated into English language, also legalized and (or) approved with an Apostille, when necessary.
ARRIVAL FOR STUDENTS
1. Welcome to Lithuanian Sports University before the 15th of September for Bachelor studies and Master studies.
2. Sign the study agreement within the first 3 calendar days.
For holders of foreign qualifications seeking for state funded study places:
* SKVC is a national public agency that evaluates and recognizes foreign school-leaving certificates (for applicants to undergraduate studies) and higher education qualifications (for applicants to graduate studies). More details on SKVC application
Lithuanian State Scholarship:
|01/11/2020-30/06/2021||Deadlines for application registration|
|01/11/2020-30/06/2021||Deadlines for SKVC application|
|31/07/2021-02/08/2021||Interview with applicants|
|02/08/2021-09/08/2021||Admission Board informs about final decission|
Application registration deadlines for Doctoral degree studies for EU, non EU, and EEA citizens:
All year from 1st November, 2020.
All applicants from non EU and EEA countries have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 150 EUR.
All applicants from EU countries have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 45 EUR.
All applicants from EU countries who apply for Master degree studies have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 15 EUR.
The accepted student has to pay a tuition fee for the first study year before applying for National (D) visa*.
*In case of rejected visa request tuition fee can be reimburse (request for reimbursement with proof of visa rejection must be submitted by email until 1st November).