The academic year is divided into two semesters:
01/09/2022 – 27/01/2023
24/12/2022 – 02/01/2023
03/01/2023 – 25/01/2023
|Retake of examinations||26/01/2023 – 27/01/2023|
01/02/2023 – 30/06/2023
29/05/2023 – 30/06/2023
|Retake of examinations||26/06/2023 – 30/06/2023|
|Summer holidays||9 weeks||
01/07/2023 – 31/08/2023
REGULATION FOR THE FIRST CYCLE (BACHELOR’S) FINAL THESIS PREPARATION AND DEFENCE
PROCEDURE ON ENHANCEMENT OF STUDENT REFLECTION AND COMPILATION OF A STUDENT PORTFOLIO AT LITHUANIAN SPORTS UNIVERSITY
PROCEDURE ON ENHANCEMENT OF STUDENT REFLECTION AND COMPILATION OF A STUDENT PORTFOLIO AT LITHUANIAN SPORTS UNIVERSITY (for student’s who has entered University from 2018)
REGULATION FOR THE SECOND CYCLE (MASTER’S) FINAL THESIS PREPARATION AND DEFENCE
Only Students who will not have any financial debts for University or academic fails will be allow to defend Final thesis.
There are two phases for the defense procedure of the final work of both Bachelor (I) and Master (II) cycles:
- The approbation of the work (only for Bachelor degree students)
- The attestation of the work (only for Master degree students)
- The defense procedure
APPROBATION AND DEFENDING OF THE I CYCLE (BACHELOR DEGREE) FINAL WORK
Final thesis approbation
Final work in PDF format has to be submitted in e-learning system until April 28, 2023 (Final work in PDF format has to be submitted in e-learning system, cover of the final work containing the name and the signature of the student, the name and the signature of the supervising professor (scanned) has to be sent by email email@example.com to Studies Division). In case of uncertainties, welcome to contact Information Technologies Division (telephone 8 37 302648).
The final thesis approbation will be held on May 2, 2023
Approbation procedure here
Time for approbation here
DEFENDING OF THE I CYCLE FINAL WORK
1. After Approbation, Final work with changes (if needed) in PDF format has to be submitted in e-learning system. Supervisor (that final work can be defended) and Student (that final work has been prepared independently and in correct English language) should send confirmation letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org to LSU Studies Division. In the Final thesis should be attached filled Final Thesis individual preparation plan (1 Annex).
1.1. Students from all study programs has to submit Final thesis in e-learning system until May 11, 2023 12 p.m. In the system has to be submitted Final work with student name and surname (without name and surname of supervisor).
Final works must be presented on time. Student who will not present final work on time will not be allow to participate in defending.
2. Students have to submit self-analysis based portfolios for the e-learning system for the:
|No||Study Program||Submission Time|
|2||Physiotherapy, Physical Activity and Public Health; Exercise, Nutrition and Stress Management; Sports and Tourism Management||2023.05.12|
3. Only students having no debts for University (academic and financial). All parts of the final evaluation in module “Final thesis” (evaluation from supervisor, evaluation from reviewer and evaluation of self-analysis based portfolios) must be evaluated for 5 (weak) or more.
4. Final thesis defending dates according study program:
|No||Study Program||Defending date|
|2||Physical Activity and Public Health||2023.05.24|
|3||Sports and Tourism Management||2023.05.26 and 2023.05.29|
|5||Exercise, Nutrition and Stress Management||2023.05.24-25|
5. Timetable for the Final thesis defending
Diploma will be issued for students who will not have any debts for University and will not have any debts for University departments (dormitory, library, studies division, financial department).
Academic debts students must eliminated until May 19, 2023.
ATTESTATION AND DEFENDING OF THE II CYCLE (MASTER DEGREE) FINAL WORK
1. II cycle students has to be submit final thesis in PDF format in e-learning system for attestation according study program. In case of uncertainties, welcome to contact Information Technologies Division (telephone 8 37 302648).
|2||Performance Analysis of Sports||2023.05.12|
|3||Basketball Coaching and Managements||2023.05.08|
|5||Physical Activity and Public Health,
Tourism and Sports Management
|6||Sports Physiology and Genetics||2023.05.05|
|7||Adapted Physical Activity||2023.04.25|
2. Attestation dates according study program:
|2||Performance Analysis of Sports||2023.05.17|
|3||Basketball Coaching and Managements||2023.05.15|
|5||Physical Activity and Public Health||2023.04.24-25|
|6||Sports Physiology and Genetics||2023.05.09|
|7||Adapted Physical Activity||2023.05.02|
|8||Tourism and Sports Management||2023.04.27-28|
3. Procedure of the Final thesis attestation
DEFENDING OF THE II CYCLE (MASTER DEGREE) FINAL WORK
1. Final work after attestation has also be submitted to e-learning system with students name and surname and without supervisor name and surname, in PDF file. Final works has to be submitted until:
|1||Adapted Physical Activity||2023.05.11|
|2||Basketball Coaching and Managements, Performance Analysis of Sports||2023.05.26|
|3||Physiotherapy, Tourism and Sports Management, Sports Coaching||2023.05.08|
|4||Physical Activity and Public Health||2023.05.03|
|5||Sports Physiology and Genetics||2023.05.17|
2. Final work must be submitted to the ETD system (instructions) until:
|1||Performance Analysis of Sports||2023.05.31|
|2||Basketball Coaching and Managements||2023.05.26|
|3||Sports Coaching, Physiotherapy, Tourism and Sports Management||2023.05.10|
|4||Physical Activity and Public Health||2023.05.05|
|5||Sports Physiology and Genetics||2023.05.19|
|6||Adapted Physical Activity||2023.05.15|
3. Dates for final thesis defending according the study program:
|1||Performance Analysis of Sports||2023.06.13|
|2||Basketball Coaching and Managements||2023.06.14|
|3||Physiotherapy, Tourism and Sports Management||2023.05.08|
|4||Physical Activity and Public Health||2023.05.25-26|
|5||Sports Physiology and Genetics||2023.06.02|
|6||Adapted Physical Activity||2023.06.01|
4. Timetable for the Final thesis defending according the student here.
Requirements for being able to defend final thesis:
1. Do not have any debts for University (academic and financial).
2. All parts of the final evaluation in module “Final thesis” (evaluation from supervisor, evaluation from reviewers and evaluation of final thesis defend) must be evaluated for 5 (weak) or more.
Graduation ceremony will be held on June 22, 2023.