|Language:||IELTS 5.0, TOEFL 55 or an equivalent foreign language test, level B2|
|Credits:||Post Graduate Certificate (PG Cert.) = passed a minimum of 60 credits at Level 7;
MSc degree (Master’s degree) = passed a minimum of 120 credits at Level 7
|Annual tuition fee*:||2000 EUR ; Non-Europe – 3000 EUR|
|Prerequisites:||Graduates from university program – holding Bachelor’s degree of Sport|
|Diploma:||Master of Sports|
|Study plan:||MSC INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL COACHING AND MANAGEMENT (II cycle)|
The goal of the joint study programme of the second cycle Basketball Coaching and Management is to train a Master of Sport able to evaluate different basketball coaching and management systems, programmes and their structures applied in various European countries, use advanced technologies in basketball coaching, creatively solve complex problems, make the right conclusions, relate practical experience with acknowledged professional competence training and learning models on the basis of international level achievements in fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and technology.
Upon the completion of the study programme, a student will be able to:
- Understand and analyse basketball coaching theory and issues in modern coaching.
- Know and critically evaluate modern basketball trends in social, economic and theoretical aspects.
- Understand application of quantitative and qualitative research methods in basketball coaching.
- Understand the strategic objectives of European sport and the development priorities; be able to analyse and evaluate the change of basketball in the world and Europe; prepare for the challenges and leadership.
- Apply adequate research methods in the area of basketball.
- Design and implement a research project in the field of modern basketball coaching; be able to apply appropriate methods and analyse them critically.
- Interpret the research data constructively and assess data dissemination.
- Analyse the significance of basketball coaching, different strategies and prospects, exercise the synthesis of science and theory in solving complex problems of education in a systematic and creative way, provide conclusions for sports professionals and the public.
- Demonstrate purposefulness and originality while identifying and analyzing the needs, formulating solutions and evaluating strategies in the context of basketball coaching.
- Present his / her own and other persons’ organizational and scientific research-based solutions clearly and convincingly; submit strategic proposals for basketball and sports activities to coaches, training specialists and the public on their basis.
- Analyse critically, distinguish values and form strategies; develop basketball coaching skills in his/ her workplace.
- Develop a professional practitioner’s critical self-awareness and self-esteem, analyse the content of a basketball workout, practically substantiate the methods needed for training.
- Strive for continuous development, needed for analytical applied activities of a researcher, basketball coach and sports specialist.
- Design basketball players and sports training programmes for persons of different age to carry out research and implement innovation.
- Take responsibility for the quality of subordinate employees’ (players’) activities, their evaluation and compliance with professional ethics.
- Take responsibility for his / her own and his / her subordinates’ professional development.
- Demonstrate initiative and personal responsibility when working alone or with others when it comes to solving problems.
- Make decisions in complex situations, employ systematic and creative methods and convey conclusions clearly.
- Develop a distinctive thinking and independent approach to learning, which is essential to a thoughtful practitioner for personal and professional development.
- Develop critical self-reflection and independent approach to learning in the area of basketball coaching.
- Evaluate foreign cultures and integrate into a different ethnic and cultural environment when studying and / or working abroad.
The joint study programme of the second cycle Basketball Coaching and Management focuses on the development of general abilities and values of a person, emphasizing knowledge analysis, critical evaluation and practical application of knowledge, implementation, problem identification and solution rather than a simple knowledge transfer and adoption.
Upon completion of a Master’s degree programme, students will be able to work as researchers-analysts of training technology, coaches of the highest qualification in Lithuanian or foreign institutions in public or private sector or player selection managers.
The content of the study programme will provide the opportunity to acquire practical skills in education. A graduate will have professional knowledge and skills that will enable him / her to critically evaluate the content of basketball coaching and pursue a career as a basketball coach.
Master’s degree in Sport will give students the opportunity to pursue a career in many fields of sport, useful not only in the area of sports coaching, but also in business activities. The knowledge acquired can be used in such areas as basketball training, youth education, basketball analysis or research activity, working as a health promotion or physical capacity building professional.
Access to further study: upon a successful completion of the study programme, students will have access to third cycle studies in the field of Biomedicine or Social Sciences.
Distinctive characteristics of the study programme: it is a unique international joint study programme, the need for which has been confirmed by social partners.
Learning and teaching activities: lectures, seminars, individual work, tutorials.
Tel.: +370 37 302644
El. p.: email@example.com
Lithuanian Sports University
Address: Sporto Str. 6, LT-44221 Kaunas, Lithuania
Head of the programme Irena Valantine