MEDIA AS A CHANNEL OF ATHLETES’ DUAL CAREERS PROMOTION AND EDUCATION
The project aims to pro-actively change the attitude towards an athletes’ dual career by shaping a positive image and encouraging sports organizations to pursue the implementation of the EU Guidelines on Dual Careers of Athletes (European Commission, 2012). Therefore, the on-line education about athletes’ dual career’s benefits, possible models for implementation of EU Guidelines on Dual Careers of Athletes for target groups (athletes and sports organizations) is an integral part of this project. To achieve set project goals 8 project partners will generate thorough evidence-based research data on Dual Careers of Athletes in Partner Countries. During project implementation developed recommendations on EU Guidelines on Dual Careers of Athletes implementation, Strategy and action plan, scientific papers and other intellectual outputs will enhance the European sports community to strengthen dual career policies in Europe and for athletes’ dual career positive image formation.
Promote education in and through sport with special focus on skills development, as well support the implementation of the EU Guidelines on Dual-careers of Athletes.
The main objectives of the project are:
1. To have a comprehensive analysis of related scientific articles, athletes’ dual career image formed by media, gap between practice and EU Guidelines on Dual Career of Athletes and different used models of implementation of athletes’ dual career
2. To develop recommendations for the implementation of the EU Guidelines on Dual Carrier of Athletes and Strategy of raising awareness through media, based on the results of the analysis
3. To develop and implement on-line educational program (using on-line platform) for athletes, sport organizations.
1. Comprehensive review of the scientific literature on the current state of the athletes dual career through media.
2. Desk research.
3. Gap analysis.
4. Effectiveness evaluation.
5. Development of Recommendations on EU Guidelines on Dual Careers of Athletes implementation.
6. Development of Strategy and action plan.
7. Development of methodology for educational program designed for positive dual career athletes’ image formation through media.
8. Development of online educational program.
9. Development of handbook for monitoring.
10. Organization of national multiplier sport event.
11. Development of project internal and external communication strategy ant its implementation tools.
12. Implementation of project internal and external communication strategy.
13. Preparation of oral presentations at international EAS conferences.
14. Preparation of publications for submission to scientific journals.
Raised attention to the topic of athletes’ dual career and EU Guidelines on Dual Career of Athletes, and communication with the stakeholders to present project results and outputs.