International Master in Performance Analysis of Sport
Lithuanian Sports University offer 3 state-funded places for the
International Master in Performance Analysis of Sport program (IMPAS)
Holders of foreign qualifications can be accepted to the state-funded study places in Lithuanian higher education institutions or claim for scholarships in accordance with the procedures established by the applicable legislation in cases when:
· They are citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA);
· They are non-EU and non-EEA nationals granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or they are stateless persons;
· They are children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin (further – the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin).
1. Each applicant has to indicate that he or she needs such a state funded place by informing admission @lsu.lt before the application deadline, May 31st.
2. State funded places are allocated to the applicants who gain the highest program competitive place which is determined by summing up
a) Applicants’ transcript average mark;
b) additional points for IMPAS, see below:
Note: State funded place is the financial support that covers annual tuition fee expenses at LSU.
ADDITIONAL POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR
INTERNATIONAL MASTER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS PROGRAM APPLICANTS
C. FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES
The "International Master in Performance Analysis of Sport” is an inter-university master course that combines three European universities: Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany), Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro in Vila Real (Portugal), and the Lithuanian Sports University in Kaunas (Lithuania).The study programme is based on an intensive and applied study of scientific methodology of specific areas as well as on multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives of Sports Studies. The program is implemented using the mobility resources of the Erasmus scheme. Students will face opportunity to perform the study programme at three universities.
The aim of the program is to train experts and entrepreneurs in performance analysis in sport; to offer specialized quality education meeting labour market demands in sports training area; to provide the graduates skills that are obtained from modern sources of knowledge focussed on performance analysis in sports, and is interrelated with necessary knowledge and skills to develop career in international settings both in the field of sports professionals and in recreational activities.
Studies for postgraduates at Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, the Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, and Lithuanian Sports University will be based on student-centred activity, where students are responsible for managing their study process at three different countries.
The graduate is expected to be able to:
- use expert knowledge in selected areas of sport performance analysis that contribute to performance development;
- integrate and apply knowledge, awareness and understanding to the enhancement of athletic performance;
- apply the analytical, critical and synthesis skills required to conduct personal and group research in selected areas of performance analysis in sports and related areas;
- to conduct an independent research project (dissertation) starting from the identification of the research question to the communication of the findings;
- take responsibility for their own learning and continued development through the supported progress of personal development and planning (PDP).
- demonstrate competent research skills, to include those of: consideration of ethics in research, scientific observation, measurement, hypothesis setting and testing, reduction of error, data interpretation, report-writing.
The graduates will accumulate abilities to focus their activity on a performance analysis at sports clubs, research institutes or rehabilitation centres. They will have possibility to supervise and develop athletes’ follow-up plans in sports clubs and research laboratories (technical documents, experimental systems, laboratory education, etc.). The graduates will be able to work as managers in Technical Departments of national and international sports organisations or in other positions directly linked to sport performance research. They will have the opportunity to prolong their carrier in doctoral studies.The graduates will be ready to function in the global market settings at the international business entities that are responsible for sports and recreation technologies and innovations. International studies, interdisciplinary methods as well as team work will greatly contribute not only the graduates’ employability, but also will enhance and foster their readiness to start their own businesses, start-ups in the areas of creation and development of modern sports and recreational technologies.
GET IN TOUCH:
Lithuanian Sports University
Address: Sporto Str. 6
Tel.: +370 37 302 639; +370 6266 1965
Fax.: +370 37 204 515